Saturday, December 22, 2012

Does the Holy Spirit have priority in our lives?


As I complete my shopping and mailed the last couple of Christmas cards. My mind wandered back to our class discussion about the Holy Spirit. We discussed how fans tend to limit the Holy Spirit to a lesser role in their lives. How many of us are guilty of this unintentional oversight as well? As we prepare to celebrate Christmas, do we recall the Holy Spirit's active role in the birth of Jesus Christ? Luke 1:26 – 38 describes the role of the Holy Spirit in Jesus birth. It was by the power of the Holy Spirit that Mary became pregnant. I don’t know about you, but I’ve often read these verses and glossed over this important contribution while focusing more intently on other details of the story. Perhaps Kyle is right, that often we treat the third person of the trinity like, “cousin it”. When in actuality, the Holy Spirit, Father, and Son share equal roles and purposes God’s plans.

 
As we celebrate Christmas and prepare to welcome 2013. Let’s resolve to welcome the Holy Spirit in all facets of our lives. We have the privilege of the indwelling Holy Spirit within us. Many a prophet and seer longed for what we now have at our disposal. We have the power of the living God within us. I can’t wrap my mind around it fully, but this knowledge propels me forward. It gives me hope in a world that is not always hopeful. Because, I believe that the Holy Spirit is still active in history. I believe through the Holy Spirit our world can be transformed and rejuvenated. It is the same spirit that raised Christ from the dead that empowers us. I believe it is through the power of the Holy Spirit that salvation is perfected .The Holy Spirit can transform our lives for God’s purposes. What if we completely grasp the power at Christian’s disposal? I believe that with the Holy Spirit guidance we can change our communities, families, and friends, by our witness.


No comments:

Post a Comment